Aggravated/ Felony DUI
Schaumburg Aggravated DUI Defense Attorney
Cook County Felony DUI Lawyer
An aggravated or felony DUI arrest is a life-changing event, which can result in hard prison time, as well as the permanent loss of your driver's license. At the Law Offices of Thomas Glasgow, Ltd. in Schaumburg, Illinois, we can take immediate steps to protect your rights if you face this serious charge.
Depending upon the elements of your case, aggravated DUI charges can range from a Class 4 felony (punishable by one to three years in the state penitentiary), to a Class X felony (punishable by six to thirty years in the state penitentiary). You can be charged with aggravated or felony DUI under any of the following circumstances:
- If you have more than two prior DUI convictions and you are charged with a third
- If the DUI arrest occurs while your driver's license was suspended or revoked
- If the DUI arrest occurs while you are driving a school bus with passengers 18 years of age or younger on board
- If you are charged with DUI in conjunction with a motor vehicle accident that resulted in great bodily harm or permanent disability
- If you arrested for DUI and have a prior conviction for reckless homicide
- If you are arrested for DUI and have no valid driver's license
- If you are arrested for DUI and have no valid insurance
- If you are arrested for DUI, while driving at any speed in a school zone, when the speed limit of 20 miles an hour was in effect and you caused an accident
Aggravated DUI charges are difficult to defend and the stakes are very high. We have been as successful defending these cases, as we have been in defending misdemeanor DUI charges.
When an accident is involved, the State must prove that you were driving under the influence, and that you were arrested in conjunction with the accident. However, the State must also prove that drunk driving was the proximate cause of the accident. As skilled DUI lawyers, we often use accident reconstructionists to determine if other factors, such as road design, ice, snow, or another driver were contributing factors to the accident in question.
We want to hear about your case to see how we can help you. Contact our Schaumburg law office at (847) 577-8700 to schedule a free initial consultation. Se habla español.
Se habla español.
Wir sprechen Deutsch.